Friday, November 9, 2007

Prepaid

In accounting there's a concept known as a prepaid. It's when, well, you get the idea. I have tried to keep this blog fed and watered at least once per week this term, but as I look toward next week and the number of assignment balls to be kept in the air simultaneously, I've decided to blog tonight in order to have one less ball to juggle (or drop, as the case may be)! Do you, gentle readers, think that age 49 is too late to learn to like coffee? As we're all bent over with the weight of the work, it is a comfort to know that we're all in this together, and to see all of your smiling faces at dear old FIS. See you in the library!

5 comments:

Cristina Dolcetti said...

Hi Judith!

Thanks for posting to my blog! It's great to meet another 905-er! And no, I don't think it's ever too late to gain a new food preferences. One of the adult volunteers at a heritage site where I work tried some watermelon last summer, and loved it!! after a few decades of not liking it at all!

I'm looking forward to working together!

Rouhi said...

Hi Judith,

I'm looking forward to working together too!

Rachel E. Beattie said...

Aww Judith you're the greatest. I can always hear your cheerful tone of voice in your blog posts!

Cristina Dolcetti said...

I also wanted to mention how much I love the picture of Winnie-the-Pooh that you have here. I am a big fan of A.A. Milne's characters. It reminds me of when I was little -- we had a few Winnie-the-Pooh books with both the original (better!) illustrations as well as the Disney ones. I especially remember "The House at Pooh Corner." Some of my other favourite picture books were the "Madeline" series by Ludwig Bemelmans, and all the books by Patricia Polacco -- too many for me to do justice to in a short list.

Cristina Dolcetti said...

Hi Judith!

You watched "Reading Rainbow" too! We loved watching Levar Burton at our house! That was one of the best children's shows that I can think of. With regards to Patricia Polacco, we too loved "Mrs. Katz and Tush", as well as "Just Plain Fancy." I can still remember my youngest sister, at age 6, reciting the story along with the cassette and doing all the different voices!