Sunday, September 16, 2007

Willkommen! Bienvenue! Welcome!

Life really is a cabaret! As a classmate from the punch card generation, I was most worried about 1311, and yet it's the class I haven't stopped talking about since Wednesday afternoon! I look forward to sharing thoughts and experiences with all of you as we travel the same road.

As the cover of my student handbook said when I first set foot on this campus in the 1970's:

"Welcome to the Hotel U of T! You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!"

Let's make it a great journey!

9 comments:

Janet said...

Hello,
I'm from the same generation and am really enjoying getting up to speed with new technology - blogs, wikis etc. It's a bit of a "mind bend" sometimes understanding the new concepts, but worth the effort!

Maureen said...

Hi Judy: I suspect that this is the course that will also eat up the most time simply because it's so much fun - at least so far!

Anonymous said...

When I did my undergrad we were still allowed to hand in handwritten papers. Just try that now. I dare ya'.

Anonymous said...

N is me, by the way. It published before I was done.

Anonymous said...

anon posts set up ok!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, mom you are such a dork. But at the same time i never thought I'd see you and your friends posting to each other online, weird!!! Loved the intro, as well as the musical referance, of course :P miss you!

Anonymous said...

why am i having a hard time leaving a comment under my name?

Anonymous said...

Hi Judy,

Thanks for your comment. I agree - imagine if you found one made of cedar? Heaven.

Rachel E. Beattie said...

You are my new favourite person for making a Cabaret allusion on your blog!

I believe your generation has much to teach us 'young-uns!